I’m a Napa Valley native who genuinely loves what I do. Currently working in my hometown, my winemaker-husband and I are raising our two tiny humans, often featured prominently on the blog. Most of our spare time is dictated by them, so there is a lot of park-going, living room dance-partying, and a seemingly never-ending pile of toys to clean up or laundry to fold.
If not partaking in any of the above, you can most likely find me in the kitchen- I love cooking (or baking!) up something delicious, or better yet, taste-testing something my husband has made. If I’m not enjoying good food & wine, I’m probably getting caught up on my scrapbooking, or watching a baseball game.
- It’s my goal to visit all the MLB parks and I was thisclose to completing the list but then…kids. And the fact they keep building new stadiums! I’ve chronicled my journey on the blog and am looking to knock a few more off the list in the coming year.
- I designed my first website in 1997 for my high school. It was done in Microsoft Frontpage with a lot of Century Gothic font. Wow.
- My second website, also done while in high school, was for a friend’s winery.
- I’m totally self-taught, but I have taken a handful of courses and attended various seminars so that I can further my knowledge and make sure I keep up with best practices. I love a good WordCamp!
- My goal is to exceed my clients’ expectations every time. I genuinely want to deliver a better product than they envision; there is usually some lagniappe involved.
In 2012, I was set to embark on a two-year journey to Europe to accompany my husband as he enrolled in grad school, on his way to a master’s degree in viticulture & enology (a.k.a., wine). My visa dictated that I couldn’t hold a European job but I’m not great at staying idle (and this was before kids kept us busy), so I looked to turn my skills into something that would challenge and fulfill me, while also keeping me busy.
Working exclusively for American clients, I grew my business from our tiny apartments in Montpellier, France and Udine, Italy, navigating timezones, and remote meetings. I started small before ultimately deciding to focus solely on web design & development and am proud to continue serving small and medium businesses from all over the world now that we’ve returned home.
Why Choose Colleen LeMasters Creative?
I offer a unique skill set that you won’t find anywhere else: I design and develop WordPress websites. That means I use my creative eye to design an eye-catching layout but the analytical side of my brain knows how to make it all function and work properly. By balancing strategy, design and SEO techniques, a CLC website helps clients hit their online goals.
Above all, I pride myself on customer service. You won’t find better anywhere else, guaranteed. Working with companies of all sizes and running my own business gives me a unique perspective on the challenges that you face on a daily basis.