- Custom Post Types for ease of updating content
- WordPress-powered blog so adding new content is a one-step process
- Brand colors coded into CMS for easy access and use
- Responsive design with additional website accessibility fixes in mind
- Search Engine Optimization refresh
This was a fun project to tackle because I dove headfirst into the code. When the Client’s previous CMS was no longer accessible (i.e., no new content could be posted), we used the existing design, which was still performing, and converted it to WordPress. With that conversion came the opportunity to modernize and upgrade some of the pain points the team was previously experiencing, including posting blog content. Making use of WordPress custom post types, we set up a Team section that pulls info from the individual team member so they only have to update new content in one place to have it flow throughout the whole site. Blog posts authored by individual team members also autopost to their respective author’s page and we topped it all off with some fresh meta titles and descriptions for SEO value.