I have a running list in my head of rad things I want to do in New Orleans but oddly enough, when asked recently how I wanted to spend my Sunday, all of them escaped me. Serves me right for not writing them down. Hence this post. And also, I’m trying to bring back the word rad and this seemed like a good opportunity. I know I can count on MTG to help a sista out, but I hope I have your support as well.
Here’s what I got for round 1:
- Take a picture standing in front of the ‘Welcome to New Orleans’ sign
- Take a Cajun Cooking Class *Update–looks like this might just happen. Cheers to Miss Julie for hooking me up!
- Go to Cafe DuMonde and eat a beignet. I cannot believe I haven’t had one since I’ve been here. It’s practically a sin.
- Walk around Fulton Street and take pictures of all the Christmas decorations
- Go to a Hornets game since the last time I went to an NBA game I was young enough to have received a Chris Mullin peechee folder
- Go to a Saints game *I will be crossing this off the list as of Sunday. Woot woot!
- Attend JazzFest, the Essence Music Festival and do MardiGras from a balcony in the Quarter, where it’s safe.
- Dine on a Central Grocery muffaletta (refer to comment about beignets)
- Take one of the haunted house tours (volunteers welcome; I will not be doing this alone)
I will be adding to this list as I think of more. Hopefully I won’t think of them in the middle of the night because odds are good I won’t get up and blog about them. And we know I won’t remember them in the morning.